I can’t believe my first year of teaching is over. I am left feeling bittersweet – I’m going to miss so many people.
It’s incredible how much God has blessed me during my time here. It was nothing I even expected.
I still remember my feelings of disappointment and loneliness when I had first arrived in town way back in August – and now it is the end of June and I am tearing up saying goodbye to so many friends and wonderful memories.
Nothing was the way I had imagined it would be.
I am left speechless because I have been utterly blessed – more than I can count! But for the sake of my love for documenting, let me try listing:
1. Curling team and bonspiel
2. Weekly boardgames nights
3. Out of control backyard bonfires
4. Day trips to Grande Prairie and Peace River
5. Movies – the good, the poorly written, and the horrifying
6. Ladies Night
7. Wine tasting (and hard liquor and beer)
8. Karaoke nights – group songs and duets
9. Tea and conversations
10. Unexpected friendships outside of school
11. First time golfing
How great is God to completely turn this year that I had thought was a mistake at first into one of the most incredible and rewarding experiences I have had.
I am so grateful and so utterly humbled. What a gift this year was.
Despite all the hardships and tears I’ve had – the good outshines everything.
And I am left feeling stronger, wiser, thankful, and in awe.